三分幸运飞艇网页版计划In 2017 the ASHA Board of Directors voted to move forward with the creation of an Assistants Certification Program which will allow audiology assistants and speech-language pathology assistants to become certified practitioners. This program will allow the entire team to practice at the top of their licenses and will positively impact client service delivery by providing role clarifications.
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划We're glad you're interested in ASHA's Assistants Certification Program. Sign up to get more information and resources to help you prepare for certification.
Eligibility Pathways for Certification
To be eligible to take the audiology assistants or speech-language pathology assistants certification exam, applicants must complete one of three pathway options that best fits their education and qualifications. In addition to finishing all the requirements of that option, applicants must also complete additional mandatory requirements.
How will supervisors and assistants benefit from this certification program?
Certification establishes nationwide standards for assistants that will show employers that these standards have been met
- Certification creates guidelines for the scope of practice which will help the team better understand roles and qualifications
- The certification process establishes a systematic review and maintenance of high caliber standards for assistants
- The assistants credential may be portable between states and work settings
- Guidelines for ethical practice will be enhanced
Assistants Certification Development Timeline
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划The ASHA Board of Directors voted 14-0 in favor of approving funding and implementation of the Assistants Certification Program
Identify core competencies for assistants: how they acquire needed skills and define their proficiency
- Developed and validated eligibility pathways
- Pilot test SLPA national exam at 2019 ASHA Convention
- Establish Code of Conduct for Assistants
- Pilot test Audiology Assistant national exam
- Launch the certification program and examination by end of year
The national exams will be based on the information in these blueprints:
News and Events
Follow Us on
Follow Us on
Are you currently employed in support positions providing audiology or speech-language pathology assistant services, working under the supervision of an ASHA certified audiologist or speech-language pathologist? If so, you may be interested in becoming an