ASHA Corporate Sponsorship Frequently Asked Questions
ASHA's Corporate Sponsorship Policy: The ASHA corporate sponsorship program offers companies brand visibility opportunities at ASHA's in-person events and online conferences throughout the year. Sponsorship visibility is only offered to companies for programming not offered for continuing education credits.
Online conference sponsors exhibit in an online exhibit hall, which is separate from the educational programming, and do not contribute to educational programming. View the
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划What is the difference between advertising and a corporate sponsorship?
- Advertising is a call to action. It's calling something (product or service or recruitment) to the attention of the public to help sell a product or to make an announcement. Advertising is sold in ASHA's print and online publications, such as the ASHA Leader, the ASHA e-newsletters, ASHA Community, ASHAWire, and on the website,
- Sponsorship is a heightened branding opportunity offered to companies or organizations that exhibit at ASHA's online or in-person conferences or events in order to augment their exposure. Sponsorship increases the visibility of a company on the expo floor, through:
- Visibility opportunities (signage, footprints, digital billboards, logo placement, bag inserts, etc.)
- Interactive opportunities to increase booth traffic (passport game, tweet-up, gaming areas, portrait gallery)
- Non-CEU event gatherings or programming (Opening Session, ASHA Awards Ceremony, lunches, receptions, coffee breaks, NSSLHA events)
Do corporate sponsorship dollars help reduce our member dues?
Sponsorship (and advertising) is a source of non-dues revenue that enables ASHA to provide more programs, services and opportunities for members. ASHA has a number of other non-dues revenue sources such as the fees members pay for the CE Registry or continuing education programs, etc. – but relatively few (advertising, mailing lists, sponsorship) that are not paid by members. Overall, non-dues revenue accounts for approximately 35% of ASHA's operating revenue from non-dues sources.
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划Can ASHA Continuing Education programming be offered for corporate sponsorship?
Programming that is offered to ASHA members for ASHA continuing education credit (CEU's) is not offered for corporate sponsorship, in accordance with
ASHA's Continuing Education Board's policies.
Is there transparency being offered to attendees regarding the corporate sponsorship program and the sponsors' role in programming not offered for ASHA CEUs at ASHA's events?
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划 Yes. ASHA's sponsorship team makes disclaimer language available to all attendees participating in programming that is supported by a corporate sponsor. The language states: "ASHA thanks our sponsors. Corporate sponsors are not responsible for the content of this meeting nor does ASHA endorse their products or services."
Do corporate sponsors pay the bill directly for programming not offered for ASHA CEUs (or for products being sponsored, such as the bags, lanyards, etc.)?
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划 No. Corporate sponsorship visibility opportunities are paid for by the sponsor and the revenue is sent directly to ASHA. The sponsorship dollars are used by ASHA to offset expenses incurred in the planning of the programming (or product acquisition), or to enhance a program offering. The expenses include, but are not limited to, room costs, AV, or food offerings.
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划Can more than one company sponsor an opportunity or programming not offered for ASHA CEUs?
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划 Yes. Although there are exclusive sponsorship opportunities offered, (such as lanyards, bags, etc.) most of ASHA's programming is offered as a co-sponsorship. It is the goal of ASHA to introduce members to a wide-range of companies that offer products and services that can help members serve their clients.
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划Who may sponsor an ASHA event or programming?
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划 ASHA does not discriminate against prospective corporate sponsors. Any company that is an exhibitor may be a sponsor.
Is there a review process for any literature and/or marketing language related to a corporate sponsorship opportunity?
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划 Yes. If, as part of the sponsorship a company provides accompanying marketing materials, the materials must go through the advertising review process and ASHA's advertising standards are applied.
What do ASHA's Advertising Standards cover for sponsors who offer additional hand-out materials?
All materials are sent through a review process conducted by ASHA professional practice staff who look for:
- Required use of person-first language and that language is non-discriminatory
- Efficacy or other claims
- Organizations are required to be able to substantiate claims by posting related research on their website or to make it available upon request
- ASHA does not review the validity of the research, as educated professionals, our members will be able to review the research and determine whether they think the data is valid relative to the claim
- Perception of endorsement
- Statements are in line with the professional policies of ASHA
Existing Advertising Standards expressly cover:
- Rights and usage of ASHA marks and logos
- Placement of advertising in conjunction with continuing education content
- The word "Advertisement" be placed with copy that resembles editorial matter
- That all digital advertising includes a link to
ASHA's Advertising Disclaimer
Does ASHA make available to corporate sponsors attendee contact information if they sponsor ASHA programming not offered for ASHA CEUs?
No. A sponsor is not automatically given access to contact information for attendees present at the sponsored programming. If a sponsor wishes to collect attendee information, we urge them to offer an opt-in opportunity (or an activation) so the choice to participate is left to the attendee. For example, if a sponsor offers a raffle or give-away (subject to state law) and an attendee wants to participate, they may be required to submit their contact information to participate. (Many exhibitors will offer this same opportunity from their booth on the Convention exhibit floor.) ASHA does offer "activation" sponsorships, such as the Portrait Gallery, where we allow the sponsor to collect the attendee contact information. However, even in this case, the attendee was offered the opportunity to opt-in – only if they wanted to.
Do ASHA members have an obligation to the ASHA corporate sponsors for their support of an event?
No. Sponsors find value in sponsorship through increased branding visibility for their company. Corporate sponsors want to bring their company to the attention of attendees and offer them the opportunity to check out for themselves the products and services they are offering to help them in their professional lives. However, we do ask attendees to "Thank our Sponsors" for supporting the profession and our members.
What is available for corporate sponsorship at ASHA?
- In-person, event-based signage, activations (such as passport game, portrait gallery, etc.) and visibility opportunities
- Online conferences
- Special Interest Groups events at Convention
- Programming not offered for ASHA CEUs, such as programming/events hosted by NSSLHA, Multicultural Affairs, Membership, ASHA Audiology, etc.
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划Are there specific restrictions for ASHA Special Interest Group (SIG) event co-sponsors?
- All ASHA corporate sponsors are educated regarding ASHA's non-endorsement and transparency policies, which include:
- Disclaimers will be posted/displayed at programming event. The disclaimer states: "ASHA thanks our sponsors. Sponsors are not responsible for the content of this meeting nor does ASHA endorse their products or services."
- Programming co-sponsors are not automatically provided with participant/attendee lists
- All programming co-sponsorship opportunities are open to all organizations that participate as an exhibitor on the expo floor. In the case where only one company signs on as a sponsor, the company will be referred to as a co-sponsor
- Sponsors do not speak at the event unless invited by SIG coordinating committee to do so
- Any special sponsored corporate programming will be scheduled and announced so the attendee can make the choice to attend
Who can purchase advertising on the ASHA Community Site?
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划 Any vendor company, or individual, can purchase the designated advertising space on the ASHA Community Site. All purchasers must comply with ASHA's advertising policy and procedures. (Postings within the Community is subject to
What is an ASHA Corporate PARTNERSHIP?
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划 ASHA's Corporate Partner Program offers select companies the unique opportunity to build relationships with ASHA's 186,000 health care professionals and their clients through a customized, yearlong, marketing plan. Funds generated from this program help support ASHA activities, which, in turn, supports our member's work and professional development.
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划How is an ASHA's Corporate Partner different than an ASHA Sponsor?
三分幸运飞艇网页版计划 Coordinated through a single contact person, an ASHA Corporate Partner receives exclusive benefits as part of their cost-effective marketing package of ads, mailing lists, and custom-designed marketing opportunities. By becoming a Corporate Partner, your company can enter the world of the ASHA member and understand what motivates their buying decisions.
Learn more about
ASHA's Corporate Partnership program.